Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Do You Want to Know What the Economy is Really Like?

I'm not an economist, and, frankly, I struggle to understand some of the financial and economic information that is presented on the nightly news. But lately, I've been reading John Williams' website, Shadow Government Statistics: http://www.shadowstats.com/

I haven't explored all of it yet, but it's packed with information that not only explains how the government (often incorrectly) analyzes and presents economic information, but comments on the pitfalls of long term financial policies. His essay on the hyperinflation that he predicts is going to hit the U.S. economy in the near future is not only educational, but chilling, to say the least.

I've also added it to my blog list so that you can check it from time to time.

No comments: