Monday, October 5, 2009

A Very Special Guest Blogger with an Important Message

I've never turned this blog over to a guest blogger before, but this one is very special. Please take a moment to read this important message from my friend, Shelby.


Team: Shelby’s Saints!!!! City: Atlanta, GA
Venue: Centennial Olympic Park
Date of Walk: 10/17/2009
Registration Start Time: 8:00 AM
Walk Start Time: 9:30 AM
Length of Walk: 3 Miles

My name is Shelby Dowdy. I am 12 yrs old and I was diagnosed on August 13, 2009 with Type 1 diabetes. My life now consists of finger checks, insulin shots, and counting carbs. Join me and my family as we walk for a cure!!!!! If you aren’t interested in walking you can make a donation in my honor to help find a cure at the website below or I would be glad to turn it in the morning of the walk. If interested in walking or pledging please email my mom, Jessica Dowdy at jessicadowdy@bellsouth.net. If you would like to join our team, go to this link, http://walk.jdrf.org/ , click on register for walk, find our team in the list Shelby’s Saints, and register!!!

No comments: